To help make things a little smoother at GalaxyFest, here are some FAQs and Rules. GalaxyFest reserves the right to add, subtract, or modify. The Antlers Wyndham Hotel, state and federal laws supersede any of the following rules and suggestions:
What is the address of the Antler’s Wyndham Hotel?
Location: The Antlers: 4 S Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Is there free parking for vendors / guests?
Parking for guests staying at the hotel is available upon check-in to the hotel. Parking for vendors is also available in the garage and can be validated for no charge parking. Various parking garages also exist around downtown. Colorado Springs has a small downtown, so garages are all within walking distance. Weekdays and Saturday street parking is free after 6:00 pm. Sunday, street parking is free.
Each parking area in the downtown area has a purpose. Ensure that you read the signs for the space you park in. The cost for getting your car/truck towed is a minimum of $180. There are are no towing companies within walking distance of the hotel, so if you get your car towed, it won’t be pleasant.
Where can I park if I have an oversize vehicle or a vehicle with trailer?
Vendors with trailers and oversize vehicles will be allowed to stage their vehicles in a designated area for free. Front desk has maps and such for the location. Typically in the open parking space to the southwest of the Antlers, south side of Colorado Avenue.
What are the rules for photography or video?
By attending GalaxyFest (whether purchasing a ticket or receiving one for free), you give permission for GalaxyFest and its authorized photographers and media/press to utilize your likeness for advertising, documentation, blogging, social media, and advertising usage in lieu of compensation.
PHOTOGRAPHY and VIDEO:
- Most costumers/cosplayers love to have their pictures taken, however, ASK FIRST.
- Professional photographers are on staff or vending and will take your picture with favorite celebrity or guest. Tickets can be bought for these photographs.
- Celebrities will be selling their autographs. Bring your own items or photos. The guest has the final word on what items they will or will not sign. Selfies and poses with celebrities is at the discretion of the celebrities.
- You may not shoot video or use flash photography during any stage performance, show or any other official GalaxyFest event. A media/press badge must be obtained through the GalaxyFest Paparazzi Guild prior to the event date. All press/media passes are approved prior to GalaxyFest. To be approved, click Here.
- Photography is not allowed in high-traffic areas. This includes near doors, stairs, elevators and in busy hallways.
What costumes are appropriate/inappropriate?
- Safety is always a the key factor in all costuming.
- Appearance. No nudity, remember there are children around the hotel at all times. The hotel still has regular guests who may be walking the halls and common areas.
- One exception: AfterDark – Performers/artists will have designated areas and may walk from the green room / hotel room to the stage and back, covered in a robe or proper attire as not to offend straying eyes. However, remember that any under age individual may be peaking through the curtain. And yes, some adults get offended, too.
- GalaxyFest and the Antlers reserves the right to ask you to cover up or ask you to leave the event.
- Regardless of your gender identification, we require all attendees, exhibitors and guests to:
- Wear sports bra-like coverage on top with leotard-type coverage on bottom.
- No thongs and no “plumber’s butt”
- No bare chests, no singlets.
- Coverage material must be thick and sturdily constructed with the proper undergarments.
- Please wear protective footwear at all times. This means some sort of hard sole (Flip flops, shoes). A unitard or stocking feet are prohibited
- Military dress:
- If you intend to wear a uniform that appears realistic, distinguish that it is a costume.
- Hateful symbols are prohibited.
- Emblems of genocide are prohibited.
What weapons can I carry / possess?
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our attendees and guests while obeying federal, state and local laws along with the policies of the convention venue.
All weapons that convention security determine to appear dangerous, on a case-by-case basis, must be peace bonded before being allowed into convention space. There will be a peace bonding station located near the convention registration area as well as experienced staff/security volunteers performing “mobile peace bonding” throughout the convention. You may also have items peace bonded at the Security Office. Peace Bonding is a method of securing weapon props to keep them safe and also a visual guide that an item has been inspected. It is also an agreement by the attendee to act responsibly with that weapon or prop.
All fake, prop, or homemade weapons are permitted if they are in no way dangerous to attendees. Sufficiently blunt wooden staves, bo sticks, boken, shinai, and swords are permitted. Bullwhips and other stock whips are permitted provided they are rolled and secured by peace bonding, and remain that way during the convention. Live steel, e.g. swords or knives, are permitted provided the item can be secured in a sheath by peace bonding, and it is not removed at any point during the convention. Flail weapons, e.g. Nun-cha-ku, are permitted provided the item can be secured by peace bonding. Replicas of live firearms provided they are easily identifiable as props, e.g. an orange tipped barrel AND are peace bonded.
Behavior with weapons and props:
Misuse of any prop weapon, such as swinging it in a public area, causing hazards or menacing others, even in jest, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe. The skill, or lack thereof, of the person in possession of a weapon is irrelevant to the determination of whether or not it is dangerous. If a weapon or prop is deemed unsafe due to misuse, it must be removed from the convention space for the remainder of the convention. The owner of said weapon may also be asked to leave the convention, determination will be by convention staff, hotel staff or security.
- Wooden or metal baseball bats will be not be allowed (no real Negan bats!).
- Real firearms, made of steel or any other material, to include 3D printed, of any kind (even if not loaded or missing clips). Live steel that cannot be secured in a sheath.
- Projectile weapons. Examples of projectile weapons include, but are not limited to, pellet guns, BB guns, air guns, crossbows, dart guns, Nerf and blowguns. Exceptions may be made for non-live guns which are not loaded and have been completely disabled.
- Attendee must prove to convention security that weapon cannot easily be returned to use (e.g., removal/installation of fire pin) and item must be peace bonded.
- Flail weapons that cannot be secured. Incendiary devices.
- All devices which spark, shoot flame, burn, smolder, cause combustion or which exist for no purpose other than to be lit with a combustion device.
- Illegal weapons are prohibited.
- Attendees found to be carrying illegal weapons will be immediately reported to the authorities.
- Self-defense weapons. Examples of self-defense weapons include, but are not limited to, pepper spray, mace, stun guns and tasers.
Vendor Room purchases and prizes:
All convention prohibited weapons purchased or won as prizes must remain securely packaged in the original box, or be immediately removed from the convention space to be stored in private quarters.
All permitted props and or weapons purchased or won as prizes that are deemed to appear dangerous must be peace bonded if they are to be carried during the convention unless they are left in the original box/packaging.
AfterDark sessions are for adults (18+), what is appropriate/inappropriate?
The same rules as during the day apply. However, keep in mind, the entertainers on stage are the entertainment, not you. So being unsafe, getting naked, being overly drunk, or being inappropriate is NOT acceptable. Event Staff, Hotel Staff and Security will be present at all times and you may be asked to leave the grounds. If the situation calls for it, law enforcement may be summoned at any time.
What are the rules on smoking and vaping?
Smoking is only allowed outside in designated areas, just as in most public places. Vaping is acceptable, however, the vaping of cannabis or extreme vaping is not appropriate in a public facility. Please, be courteous of other guests. The hotel and GalaxyFest Staff reserves the right to ask you to NOT vape.
Marijuana, Cannabis, Pot (or pick a name) are legal in Colorado. Can we smoke at GalaxyFest?
No! There are numerous restrictions on the legal use of marijuana. Review state and local laws. Smoking is not permitted in the hotel.